University of Life Required Reading List
for your Book Club
for your College Courses
for your Personal Study
- Choose and order recommended readings for your Book Club.
- Find resources here to enhance interesting and informative
- Contribute your ideas and recommendations: help other Book
Clubs around the world
Book Highlight of the Month:
History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman
The best writing I have ever read. Totally engaging essays that will not only
teach you more than you ever thought there was to know about our five senses (and more!)
but will also make you laugh out loud because the writing is that good. Your
world will never be the same again--or should I say, you will never see your world the
same way. You will forever be more aware of the stunning intricacy, simplicity, and beauty
of life that surrounds us.
Topics & Courses:
Who are you, anyway? How did you get this way? What can you do
Increase your understanding of why you act and feel the way you do,
why others are different, and what you can do about it.
Examine both formal and informal systems and methods.
Risk & Adventure
Variety is not the only spice of life!
Love & Romance
theories and experience. they say it defies description but we're going to get as
close as we can.
Write Like a Pro
ties to lessons from the UofLife Writing Center
Power of the Media
the most powerful force shaping the world and the future, yet we just let it
come and take what we're given. Increase your awareness of how this affects you and what
you can do about it.
Philosophy & Politics
Power & Greatness
What is Literature? Courses for Credit Critical Methods Favorite Books
Click Here if you don't see a frame on the left of your screen
Do you have more topics that belong here? Send
us your ideas--even complete pages! We'll be more than happy to credit you and share
your ideas with the world.
Reading will change your life in many ways:
- You'll learn faster with less pain
- You'll be more interesting
- Ignorance is not bliss. Not for long, anyway.
- You'll understand and relate better to more people.
- It fills many emotional needs.
- It keeps your mind more active than television which makes you feel better, more
optimistic and capable, more motivated.
- Your life will be richer. Once you're hooked, you'll know exactly what this means.
- Read these comments from readers. (link to heather's e-mail, etc)
- Helps you see more beauty and interest in the world around you--the world hasn't
changed, you have.
- Build marketable skills.
- Improve your skills in any kind of relationship.
- Get help in overcoming your fears and other problems.
Reading's one thing. Making the best use of that reading is another. That's why the
Book Club offers material for discussion, study, or just pondering to help you get the
best milage from your reading. We'll not only help you with specific lessons, but also
increase your ability to learn on your own, effortlessly.
Sound too good to be true? For once, it's not. Click on any course of study on the left
and either follow the order set out for classes or skip around with friends or on your